How To Enhance PayPal's Security With a VPN
Even though Paypal’s servers are secure, that does little to protect your information while it’s being transferred through an open-access Wi-Fi hotspot.
Instead of having your information be susceptible to hacker interception, it’s a good idea to use a VPN for PayPal with a dedicated IP address feature. A VPN with a static IP address puts you in an encrypted tunnel, even on public networks, securing your connection and safeguarding your information.
We investigate which is the best VPN for PayPal that have a dedicated IP address feature here.
Why Do I Need A VPN for Paypal?
Many people trust PayPal for sending and receiving funds on a daily basis, and most believe that their transactions are completely safe and secure. While PayPal goes to great lengths to protect their customers, their security measures are not foolproof.
This is because your information still has to travel across an internet connection to reach PayPal’s servers, and if that connection is open to public use, it opens you up to the threat of hackers and identity thieves.
A VPN with a dedicated IP address for PayPal is a simple solution to this problem, because they provide you with a secure tunnel to pass your information through. It keeps your identity anonymous and your information private as it travels to Paypal’s servers.
What Is A PayPal VPN?
VPNs are a relatively new concept that have recently seen a surge in popularity due to their ease of use and their ability to improve a user’s online security as well as unblocking much restricted online content.
VPN stands for Virtual Private Network and they enable users to access military grade encryption which is how security is improved.
A VPN will also give you a new IP address which is how they help users to open up access to blocked content, that is stopped for geographical reasons. PayPal only works with VPNs that can offer its customers a static IP address.
What Makes A Good VPN for PayPal?
- Military Grade encryption – if you are transferring your financial data, either as a buyer or seller, over PayPal, it is imperative that you use a PayPal VPN that has watertight encryption and security protocols. Without them, you are still open to hacker activity.
- Fast connection – when paying for items and services, you want a connection that won’t freeze on you, regardless of whether it is secure or not.
- Large and wide network – you want to be able to access content from all over the world – even if you don’t need to eventually pay for goods on that website through PayPal. A large, as well as wide, network means that you are not only assured a connection, you are assured access to any content you want too.
- Unlimited bandwidth – some of the worse PayPal VPN providers will cap bandwidth when a certain amount of data usage has been reached by customers. The best VPN for PayPal do not use this practice.
- Dedicated IP address – PayPal recently stopped the use of VPNs with its services. However, VPNs or proxy services that offer a dedicated IP address to its users will continue to work with PayPal and carrying out transactions.
Best VPNs for Paypal
There are a lot of VPNs out there, each with their own set of features. Here we’ve broken down the top three on the market, and shown what you can expect from them.
CyberGhost is a fast VPN provider that works with PayPal to make a whole host of transactions over the website and its applications. If you don’t like it, it has a 30 day money back guarantee. The features that made it get to number one on our top picks list are below.
- Strong AES 256-BIT Encryption with a 2048-BIT RSA Key – This is important at the best of times, let alone when making financial transactions.
- Multiple platform compatible and six simultaneous connections – this allows small businesses or families to use whatever device necessary to make a PayPal transaction
- Dedicated IP address – Now essential to be able to use PayPal with the added security of a VPN
- Zero logs policy – CyberGhost does not keep tabs on its customers when they use PayPal or otherwise
- Unlimited bandwidth – this means that customers can be assured of always being able to complete a transaction on PayPal with this VPN provider.
Get CyberGhost here.
If you can’t find a CyberGhost server in your area, then NordVPN comes as a good option to try next.
- Excellent encryption: NordVPN uses double data encryption so that any transactions that are made are even more secure.
- Multi operating system compatibility: NordVPN is compatible with a massive 20 platforms so users do not have to worry about what software they like to use
- Simultaneous connections: NordVPN continues to make itself a very flexible VPN by allowing up to six simultaneous connections while using its service
- Excellent customer support: NordVPN has a highly capable support team available to its customers 24/7 as well as a comprehensive library of FAQs on its website and tutorials.
- Money back Guarantee: NordVPN has a lengthy 30 day money back guarantee.
Overall, NordVPN is a pretty good deal, though their service isn’t quite as comprehensive as CyberGhost’s.
How To Use VPN For Paypal
- First, you need to subscribe to a VPN with a dedicated IP address for PayPal provider. We have rated and reviewed countless PayPal VPNs and have listed our top picks below.
- Then, after signing up for a PayPal VPN, just connect to a server.
- When you connect to a server, a secure tunnel is established and all internet traffic is then conducted through this tunnel.
- All the data both ways is then encrypted, meaning that nobody will be able to view your data.
- When using public Wi-Fi, the encrypted tunnel prevents anyone from being able to sniff or view data that is transmitted from your computer.
Can I Use a Free PayPal VPN?
We would never recommend using a free PayPal VPN. We simply do not think they are worth using for the risk taken to your security versus the amount of money saved on a subscription provider.
To offer a service for free, online VPN for PayPal providers have to cut corners somewhere and this is always done at the expense of the amount of servers and user security.
In practice, this means that those that need a PayPal VPN will experience slow connectivity, which can hinder sales processes.
Additionally, a user’s security and data can be compromised when using a free PayPal VPN as the protocols in place are done on the cheap.
Finally, very few – if any – free VPNs have a dedicated IP address feature making them pointless to use when trying to make transactions on PayPal.
How To Improve Your PayPal Account Security
While a PayPal VPN is the best way to lock down your connection, there are a few additional things you can do to ensure that you’re safe while sending or receiving money with PayPal. Here are some other tips on how to secure PayPal:
- Don’t click links to PayPal in email or text messages
The majority of these are phishing emails. Also, PayPal will never ask you to verify your information or transactions via e-mail or text.
Never use the same password for PayPal as you do for other devices. Also, make sure your password is random and includes letters, numbers, and special characters.
2fa adds an additional layer of security to your account by requiring you to enter a randomly generated unique code each time you log in.
- Regularly monitor all transactions
It’s a good idea to track all your transactions on PayPal and if you see a transaction you don’t recognize, call PayPal immediately
- Only buy from verified sellers
Only conduct business with verified sellers and parties that you personally know and trust. Otherwise, you may forfeit any buyer protections offered by PayPal.
What Is The Ultimate PayPal VPN?
Paypal is an awesome way to pay for things online, and has even grown to double as a business tool that allows you to send and pay invoices.
As this payment application grows more and more useful, Paypal’s customer base continues to grow.
Don’t fall into the trap of thinking that your information is secure just because Paypal is.
With a VPN, you can protect your information en route to their servers, and even open up your access to blocked content.
Never settle for less than the best with a VPN though, and always make sure they have at least this to offer you:
- Unlimited bandwidth
- 24/7 customer support
- Secure 256 bit encryption
- Easy to use software
- Dedicated IP addresses
CyberGhost is our ultimate choice for a PayPal VPN. It has all the above and more.