How to Find Your Ex Online
Whether you’re the one who broke it off or you want to get closure, if you want to serve divorce papers or try again, it’s easy to find your ex online. Learn how to track down your ex no matter how long it’s been or how many times he or she has moved by using an online background check.
It’s best to leave the past in the past, but sometimes it’s just not possible. There are plenty of reasons why you might want to search for your ex online. You may want to:
- Serve her divorce papers
- Get him to pay child support
- Find closure by talking it through one last time
- Make up because you broke it off and now you regret it
- Satisfy your curiosity about what he or she is up to now
Whatever your reasons for tracking down your ex, it’s now easy to find him or her online by using an online background check.
Find Your Ex Via Online Background Check
An online background check scans public records and social media channels to bring up real, reliable, and useful information about your ex (and anyone else, for that matter). You can discover:
- Your ex’s new address
- Any aliases that your ex is using
- If he or she has gotten married since you broke up
- Your ex’s email address and current phone numbers
- Social media profiles
- Possible photographs taken from social media or public news sources
- If he or she has a criminal record
What to Look for in an Online Background Check
Not every online background check delivers the same level of information. The best background check websites will offer:
- An uncluttered website that is easy to use
- Convenient mobile apps so you can search for your ex online wherever you are
- Multiple ways to search, including reverse phone lookup, email address search, and full name search
- Reliable information without false leads or mistakes
- Clear reports that are easy to navigate and understand
We used these features to track down the best online background check websites so that you can track down your ex.
BeenVerified’s basic search gives you all of the information you need to find your ex and get in touch. You can run a search by address, reverse phone lookup, email address, or just by entering your ex’s full name and birthdate if you think he or she has changed all of their contact details. BeenVerified will tell you your ex’s current phone numbers, email address, street address, and social media accounts so that you can reach out to them again.
Satisfy your curiosity about what they have been up to since your break-up by using BeenVerified to peek at social media photos, criminal convictions, address history, and more. If that’s not enough, you can pay extra for more in-depth information or for a court runner to check civil and criminal court archives. The website is easy to use and there are apps for Android and iOS so you can spy on your ex while waiting in line in the grocery store.
One month costs $26.89 and gives you three monthly reports, while three months cost $52.44 for unlimited searches. A single report can be ordered for $29.95 and a comprehensive report upgrade is $9.95 per report which will give you even more in-depth information. Court Runner add-ons cost an extra $19.95 per report, plus court administration fees.
You can use the clear Intelius website or the iOS or Android mobile app to discover all you could want to know what your ex has been doing since you broke up. Use reverse phone or email address lookup, his or her full name, and last known location, or a standard name and address search.
Intelius will tell you if they have a criminal record now, about lawsuits or liens, bankruptcies, and property records. You can get up to date contact information, learn if they’ve gotten married or even divorced since your relationship, and check a list of related individuals for new partners and children. Intelius’ reports are easy to read and accurate as well as easy to access via the online dashboard.
One month costs $19.95, or you can buy a single report for between $19.95 and $49.95, depending on how comprehensive you want it to be. Choose between a simple people search, reverse phone or email lookup, full background check, or a criminal records search, or pay $19.95 for a 24-hour unlimited search pass so you can look up all of their new romantic partners, as well.
In addition to searching the public web for up to date contact information, criminal records, and traffic offenses, you can use TruthFinder to comb the ‘deep web’ for more detailed social media information. Even TruthFinder’s basic search will tell you about your ex’s aliases, known relatives like new partners or children, criminal and traffic records, and personal and contact information.
If you really want to stalk your ex you can pay extra for a premium report to learn about his or her business associates, professional licenses, education (did they ever go back to college?), current and former roommates, and weapons permits. TruthFinder is easy to use and reliable with clear reports and an Android-only mobile app.
One month costs $27.78 and three months costs $69.07 per month for unlimited standard reports. A reverse phone lookup plan comes to under $2 per month.
InstantCheckmate’s clear and easy to scan reports dish the dirt on your ex’s whereabouts, phone number, email address, and street address so that you can pick up contact again. You can run a search using his or her full name or just by a partial name together with their last known location.
A basic search from InstantCheckmate will tell you about your ex’s criminal records, marriage and divorce records, social media accounts, and known relatives. A premium search adds details about civil court judgments, weapons permits, bankruptcies, and voter registration information. You can run InstantCheckmate easily from the website or the Android mobile app.
One month’s subscription for unlimited standard background reports costs $34.78 per month or $83.47 for three months. Premium reports can be bought for $19.99 per report.
7 Additional Ways to “Stalk” Your Ex Online
If you don’t feel like the reliability of an online background search, there are other ways to stalk your ex.
- Google search. It’s the obvious choice but there are limitations. You need some advanced Google skills to find the right person. Google also doesn’t have all that much information about anyone who isn’t famous and if your ex is named John Brown you might not be able to find the right one.
- LinkedIn. It’s all about telling people about your history, after all, so you should be able to learn what education and career stuff have been happening in your ex’s life since your breakup. LinkedIn will probably also deliver an up to date email address – IF your ex is on LinkedIn, that is, and only if you don’t mind that LinkedIn will tell them that you checked them out.
- Pipl. Pipl promises to search the ‘deep web’ that Google can’t reach to tell you all about your ex’s addresses, family members, online activity, and social media accounts. Of course, it only works if your ex is using the same name online.
- Facebook. It’s obviously got plenty of uses for finding exes as well as for tracking down old friends. Your ex’s Facebook profile can tell you which town they’re living in, their current job position, and even what they ate for dinner if they’re the type to share that information. But only if they aren’t very privacy conscious and still have a public profile.
- ZabaSearch. ZabaSearch is a little creepy because it really does tell you every listed and unlisted phone number and address for your ex (and everyone else). It’ll enable you to at least try to call them or to Google maps stalk their home, which we don’t recommend.
- Cloak. Cloak scans your ex’s Instagram and FourSquare accounts to tell you where they’re at any given moment. Cloak’s founders say this is so you can avoid him or her, but it all seems a bit unhealthy. And it only works if they are on Instagram or FourSquare.
- Wink. Wink saves you time searching for every social media channel individually by scanning for your ex’s name across almost every network.
Find Your Ex Today
Only an online background check can be relied upon to find the right person no matter how many times he or she has moved house or changed name. Use an online background check to get closure on your breakup, admit that you made a mistake, or get that elusive ex to finally pay child support.