How to Watch Grand National 2018 Live Online outside of the UK
Grand National Live Streaming Online
Hats and horses. The Grand National has kept up many traditions since the inaugural race in 1839, taking place in Liverpool, England. The race is one of the most exciting spectacles in sport, and it’s still as popular in 2018. The winner of the 2017 Grand National was One For Arthur, ridden by jockey Derek Fox.
Betting is also a major part of the event, with money to be made, (and lost) trying to guess which horse will run out as the winner.
When and Where is The Grand National 2018
The next Grand National begins on the 12th April 2018, going on for three days. It takes place at Aintree Racecourse. The horse racing extravaganza only happens once per year, but it’s worth the wait.
You can also check the schedule below for more information.
Where Can You Watch The Grand National 2018
Viewers in the UK will have full access to the 2018 Grand National both on TV and online.
Channel 4 broadcasted the event until losing out to ITV in 2016. It has been a smooth transition so far, with a lively 2017 race being won by a 33-1 longshot.
ITV have a dedicated app, available on nearly every platform imaginable. You’ll be able to watch a live stream from any of the below via the ITV Hub:
- Amazon Fire TV
- Amazon Firestick
- Apple TV
- Now TV
- Samsung Smart TV
How to Watch The Grand National Live Free With ITV
Here are the steps to log in and watch the Grand National live online. You’ll need to make an account with a VPN provider, that have fast servers located in the UK. (We’ve listed four of the best below.)
- Sign in to your VPN on your PC or Mac.
- Pick a server located in the UK. (You’ll now have an IP that can be used to access British TV.)
- Go to https://www.itv.com/
- Click Live TV.
- Make sure the tab at the top is on the channel named ITV.
- Click the Play icon in the middle of the screen.
- You’ll be prompted to sign in/sign up.
- Hit sign up, and enter your details, including a valid email address and UK Postcode. (You don’t need a full UK home address to sign up.)
- Click Start Watching, and Click the Play button once more.
We’ll assume that you’re using an iPhone/iPad for this tutorial. However, it’s very similar on Android.
- Sign in to your VPN on your tablet or mobile.
- Pick a server located in the UK. (You’ll now have an IP that can be used to access the UK App Store/Play Store.
- Open the store, and search for the ITV Hub app.
- Tap to install it, and open it when it’s complete.
- When prompted, allow the app to access your location. (After all, you’ll be in the UK according to your VPN.)
- Enter an English postcode, and wait for it to load up.
- Tap the options menu in the top right corner, and tap Sign in or set up an account.
- You’ll be prompted to sign in/Sign Up Now.
- Hit Sign Up Now, and enter your details, including a valid email address and UK Postcode. (You don’t need a full UK home address to sign up.)
- You’ll now be able to access all of the ITV channels live, as well as being able to watch the Grand National live online.
Watch the Grand National Live Online Outside the UK
Unfortunately, you’ll be unable to watch ITV without using a VPN if you’re not located in the UK. You can try it now, but you’ll receive the following error message:
“We’re sorry. ITV Hub is only available to viewers in the UK.”
A VPN will allow you to bypass these restrictions by connecting to a server network in another country. This will change your IP address, while simultaneously encrypting your data. You can then choose a server located in the UK to access ITV, which will allow you to watch the Grand National live.
(Of course, you’ll still be able to catch up with the rest of their programming if you’re interested in what ITV has to offer.) Your personal data will also be encrypted and protected while online, so you’ll be free to surf the internet and stream content with no worries.
We’ve narrowed down the search to a handful of the most popular and reliable VPNs to watch Grand National Live Online including the pros and cons of each one.
#1 ExpressVPN – Best VPN to Watch The Grand National 2018 Outside of the UK
The high speeds found with ExpressVPN are great for streaming with no issues. They have six different server locations across England, including London and Maidenhead. If you want a fast and dependable VPN service, you’ll be hard pressed to do better than ExpressVPN.
Even if it is relatively expensive, you will be getting your money’s worth considering the speed and reliability.
More information on this provider can be found at ExpressVPN review.
Security and safety are the name of the game with NordVPN. As gambling is banned in various counties, NordVPN is a great foil if you’re worried about getting in trouble with the law, and they’ll be sure to keep no logs of the data sent to and from your machine.
They have over 100 UK servers to choose from, with decent overall connection speeds. Although it isn’t as fast as ExpressVPN, it’s a solid choice, and their current popular offer brings the price down to $3.99/mo for a 2-year subscription. You can also subscribe and watch the Grand National 2018 and if you are not willing to continue after their 30-day trial, you get 100% of your money back.
More information on this provider can be found at NordVPN review.
For a mix of the two found above, PrivateVPN offers safety and speed in one package. Although it’s not comparable to either in terms of speed and overall security, they’re a great VPN provider with UK servers located in London and Manchester so you can get uninterrupted Grand National 2018 streaming. Their 30-day trial money-back guarantee also leaves you with the option of deciding whether you want to engage in a longer term contract after you’ve tried them.
More information on this provider can be found at PrivateVPN review.
Watch the Grand National Online Live for Free Anywhere in the World
The Grand National is a British institution, but it should be enjoyed by anyone who wants to catch it live. There’s no fun in watching a race that has already been run, so it’s worth checking out if a VPN service will be right for you. With its ease to set up, number of servers and reliability, we strongly recommend ExpressVPN to stream Grand National 2018.