Best VPN for Iran in 2019
Why Do You Need a VPN In Iran?
A VPN helps work around these bans and censorship rules. Here, we look at the best Iran VPNs, so that users can access these geo-restricted sites as well as snapchat and other VOIP applications.
We recommend ExpressVPN as the best VPN for Iran.
How Does A VPN Work In Iran?
A VPN works by giving a user who is trying to access content (that is deemed illegal by the Iranian government) the illusion of a being in a different location. It does so by connecting users to a server that has an IP address that will allow them to open all social media sites or other banned material.
For the VPN to work as a bypass for accessing geo restricted content, it needs to give users a new IP address. If the user’s IP address shows them as being in Iran, a site will be blocked by the ISP.
VPNs do more than this, however. Most importantly, they also provide a secure way of accessing content in Iran that is deemed illegal: encryption. While different providers have different levels of security encryption, in the main, the best VPNs for Iran provide an untraceable means of surfing the web.
The Best VPN for Iran
When browsing the internet in Iran and surfing the web for blocked content, a VPN needs to have the following features to be rated in our top picks for an Iranian VPN.
- Military Grade Encryption Techniques – it is a very grey area using a VPN to access illegal content in Iran. If you are trying to access it using a VPN, then it is wise to use a provider that has top of the range encryption techniques so your connection and online activity cannot be traced.
- User Friendly Privacy Policies – the best VPN providers do not keep logs of their users’ online traffic or their personal data. By doing so, they cannot hand over any information when asked by invasive government authorities. This is obviously key when accessing content in Iran that the local government deems illegal.
- Large Number of Servers – while all users need to protect themselves when using a VPN, they also still need to be able to access the very content they aren’t allowed to with ease. By having a large amount of servers, VPN providers are able to give lightning fast connections that allow for quick surfing sessions.
- Wide Number of Server Locations – for users to be able to access the content they want, they need to connect to a server that is located in a country where that content is not blocked. With a wide number of server locations, VPN providers are able to open up as much of the internet as possible to its customers.
Here’s a quick guide that will take you through how to download a VPN in Iran in a few short steps.
- Go to the providers’ website and sign up.
- Download the VPN client app for the platform of your choice. (ie Mac, iOS, Android, or Windows.)
- Once your Iran VPN download is complete, open the client and sign in.
- Choose the server location to get a corresponding IP.
- Open the website of your choice in the browser.
- This won’t allow you to browse with an Iranian IP address, but that’s probably a good thing.
Best VPN for Iran
Below, are 3 popular VPN providers and we’ll let you know how they stack up to each other.
#1 Express VPN – Most secure VPN for Iran with fast speeds.
When trying to stream content in Iran, ExpressVPN gets our vote, hands down. It has everything a VPN provider needs to – and more.
- Quick, reliable connection – Lets users stream and view content with little issue – just if they were accessing blocked content elsewhere in the world.
- Watertight encryption techniques – An OpenVPN protocol hides all traffic by users along with 256 bit encryption software. Customers can feel as secure as possible when using the best VPN in Iran.
- Easy to use – While not necessary to be a brilliant VPN, it is great when providers make their software easy to use. ExpressVPN does just that with its logical application.
- 24/7 support is available if needed – users can get problems solved fast if they find they have any issues with ExpressVPN. The company has live chat to make the process even quicker.
- Unlimited bandwidth – ExpressVPN does not throttle capacity so users can surf the internet as much as they like without seeing a drop in speed.
- $12.95 a month
- $9.99 a month for a six-month plan
- $6.67 a month for a 15-month plan (including three months free!)
- 30-day money back guarantee
To avoid being tracked online and to securely bypass geo-restrictions in Iran, we recommend using ExpressVPN right away.
Click here for our extensive ExpressVPN review
#2 NordVPN – High Speed with military-grade encryption.
- One of the most secure connections – Customers can stream content privately without any fear that they will reveal their identity. NordVPN employs a double data encryption method in conjunction with a Kill Switch that cuts the internet connection entirely should the VPN drop out.
- No logs policy – To further increase customer security, NordVPN maintains no logs of its customers’ online traffic.
- Huge, far reaching network – With over 60 locations, NordVPN not only has one of the widest reaching networks it also has one of the largest in terms of number. Customers in Iran can be sure of a connection that lets them see any content they want.
- Straightforward – accessing blocked content from Iran is quick and painless with this VPN provider – regardless of how good customers are on a computer.
- Excellent customer service – By having a live chat feature available, problem solving with NordVPN is incredibly easy.
- $11.95 a month
- $9.00 a month for a six-month plan
- $6.99 a month for a 12-month plan
- Special deal: $3.99 a month for a 24-month plan
- 30-day money-back guarantee
Should You Use a Free VPN for Iran?
We never recommend using a free VPN for a whole range of reasons. These reasons are even more pronounced when trying to access banned content in Iran.
VPNs are a good way of surfing the web securely and not being traced. However, free VPNs do not provide the same level of protection that quality subscription providers do. They can’t for cost purposes, so it means that free VPN users open themselves up to being found by Iranian authorities if they are accessing banned content.
Ultimately, a streaming or surfing session through a free VPN is not enjoyable either. Owing to small, unpowerful networks, connection speeds are so slow with free VPN providers that any internet sites are so sluggish to load that it can be pointless sometimes even to try.
Considering the risks and negatives, we just don’t think it’s worth it.
Are VPNs Legal in Iran?
In short, some are and some aren’t. There are a number of providers that are allowed by the government, but this naturally comes at the risk that they are compromised in some way. Speeds are often throttled if you are trying to open a site that is blocked.
This is why we rate security so highly in our must-have features for a VPN provider. It is always best to choose a trusted VPN.
The Bottom Line: The Best VPN For Iran
Many users of the internet in Iran will be contacted, at some point, by the Ministry of Intelligence due to their online activity. It can be for something that we would ordinarily think of as harmless – like trying to access Facebook.
As such, we always recommend using ExpressVPN as it mostly stops the Iranian authority’s ability to track your internet usage, so you can access any blocked content. Plus, it provides a reliable and consistent service that allows users to roam the web as they would do ordinarily – with no buffering or freezing ever experienced.
By using ExpressVPN in Iran you receive:
- A safe way to access the internet without fear of being traced
- Fast internet speeds to get around ISP throttling
- An affordable way to bypass geo-restrictions on content
- A rapid customer service team who respond in minutes
Sign up with ExpressVPN for safe, secure and fast internet browsing.