Best VPN for Final Fantasy XIV in 2020
These restrictions may be implemented by the manufacturer for licensing reasons, or it also might be restricted by Governments for censorship reasons. However, on the flip side of this frustration, for those that can access the game, playing Final Fantasy XIV can make gamers vulnerable to online cyber attack.
To circumvent all of of these issues, you can employ the use of a VPN.
Top 3 VPNs for Playing Final Fantasy XIV
Here are our top three VPNs that make playing Final Fantasy XIV a delight owing to the increased protection a VPN provides. Additionally, these three VPNs will help circumvent any geo restrictions that are applied to the game across the globe.
ExpressVPN is a fantastic choice for those that want a VPN established while playing Final Fantasy XIV. We rated it highly owing to its high connection speeds that are comparable to a connection that does not have a VPN established as well. In fact, users won’t experience any slow down in service when using ExpressVPN’s software. In addition to this lightening quick connectivity, we also rated it for the following features:
- Military Grade Encryption – ExpressVPN employs the use of 256 Bit AES encryption to make any data transmitted over its connections completely unreadable to anyone other than for whom it was intended. This means that any of your account details that you have stored on Final Fantasy XIV are safe and protected from hackers who want your information to help them commit identity theft and fraud.
- 99.9% Guaranteed Uptime – ExpressVPN has one of the most reliable connections out there. This reliability is essential for gamers. When playing a MMORPG a single player dropping their connection could spell disaster for the whole party. ExpressVPN is the most stable service, without exception.
- Industry Leading Customer Service – ExpressVPN has superior customer service, which subscribers can contact 24/7 and expect an answer in less than 30 minutes. This quick response time means that any issues you endure while playing Final Fantasy XIV will be resolved so you can get back to playing in no time.
- Straightforward Software – Users of ExpressVPN love it as it is an extremely easy application to use, and everything on it is clearly labeled and organized. First time users know exactly what to do and what needs to be done from the outset.
- Money Back Guarantee – For gamers who are not sure whether using a VPN while playing Final Fantasy XIV is for them, ExpressVPN provides a 30 day money back guarantee so it is possible to try the service first before deciding whether to continue with a subscription.
Ultimately, ExpressVPN provides its subscribers with a reliable and quick connection to the internet that makes gaming safe. Given the amount of data that is saved on Final Fantasy XIV accounts, gamers should be wary about playing without the use of a reputable VPN, of which ExpressVPN is the very best.
IPVanish is what you will want to use if you have a major problem with ExpressVPN. It takes some getting used to, but it works well and the service itself gets the job done so that Final Fantasy XIV fans can continue to play the game with ease. Gamers will also like this VPN provider for these following reasons:
- Easy installation – Setting the service up from IPVanish is incredibly easy. The software is straightforward to use from the beginning so that Final Fantasy XIV can be played almost immediately.
- 7 day money back guarantee – While this obviously pales in comparison to ExpressVPN’s 30 day money back guarantee, it does mean that the company does at least have confidence in its abilities. It’s a no quibble guarantee so that if IPVanish does not quite live up to your expectations when playing Final Fantasy XIV, you’re refunded quickly and easily.
- Large network of servers – If you are finding it hard to access Final Fantasy XIV due to geographical restrictions, IPVanish makes it possible given that its vast network is located in over 60 countries. The result is that you are almost guaranteed a connection to a server with an IP address that will bypass those very restrictions.
IPVanish is definitely an excellent option, especially if you cannot access ExpressVPN to answer your gaming or Final Fantasy XIV needs.
IPVanish can be found at this website.
HideMyAss makes it onto our rated and reviewed list for a number of reasons. It’s a popular VPN provider and has been for a long while. ExpressVPN beats it hands down, but if you can’t get access to ExpressVPN for whatever reason, HideMyAss is a great alternative. Users sometimes complain from a connection drop out which is something to bear in mind if you want to use your VPN mainly to play Final Fantasy XIV for which a consistent and reliable connection is key. However, it does have these features which make it a viable option:
- Stringent encryption – Like ExpressVPN, HideMyAss keeps its customers safe by encrypting their data using 256 Bit AES encryption. This method is actually used by the US Government to keep their connections and data safe from cyber criminals and hackers.
- Fast Connection speeds – While they may well drop out once in a while, HideMyAss does provide connections that are quick so that users will not notice the difference when playing Final Fantasy XIV with a VPN in comparison to playing without one. Like IPVanish, the network is dotted around the globe so that players will be able to work around geo restrictions each and every time they log on, should they need.
HideMyAss is here.
How Does A VPN Work When Playing Final Fantasy XIV?
A Virtual Private Network (VPN) is a service that connects your device to an offsite server via an encrypted connection. This hides your IP address and keeps your connection secure. Originally for businesses, they are now available for anything from travel to gaming.
In terms of benefits to Final Fantasy XIV fans a VPN will let you route your traffic, including your Final Fantasy XIV traffic, through another server.
They’re as easy as can be to use. Just set up the app, select a server and click the connect button. Once that’s done, you can log into Final Fantasy XIV and be on your way to meet your free company.
Why Should I Play Final Fantasy XIV With A VPN?
There are a number of reasons that all players of Final Fantasy XIV should play with a VPN established.
Some countries don’t allow or have normal access to Final Fantasy XIV. Others don’t want you communicating with the outside world, which Final Fantasy XIV allows. As a consequence, blocks are put on accessing the game which are imposed by reading a computer’s IP address to ascertain where that computer and its users are located. A VPN provides users with a new IP address thus bypassing geo restrictions.
A VPN also helps protect a user’s Final Fantasy XIV account. A VPN keeps out hackers on any network with its encrypted connection and doesn’t allow anyone to know where you really are. Given the amount of sensitive data that is saved on a Final Fantasy XIV account this is vital to in staying free of any identity theft or online fraude. Additionally, users will find that a VPN will give added protection against hackers and cybercriminals hired by gold farmers and spammers that want a user’s account. They attack on public networks and through IP addresses.
You can protect your account and game wherever you want by utilizing a VPN. You can look like you are playing from any region and have no one know what you’re doing online.
What Are The Rules And Regulations Of Using A VPN With Final Fantasy XIV?
VPN software is perfectly legal to have installed on your computer in the majority of countries around the globe. However, it is what users of a VPN get up to when they have a connection established that may make themselves vulnerable to punishment by the law.
Using a VPN to increase your online protection, whether you are playing Final Fantasy XIV or not, is also legal. When users employ them to circumvent the geo restrictions that are put in place on the game, is where confusion can arise. If the game is illegal in the country you are physically located while playing it, you are subject to the punishments and laws of that country should you be caught. Being caught is hard owing to the high levels of encryption that are in place in all reputable VPN providers, but it’s not impossible. This is the same if you access the game where it is blocked thanks to licensing laws.
Final Fantasy XIV is a great MMORPG that is growing in popularity, but hackers want to take your account. You also might run into governments and organizations that want to block you playing the game. The best way to maintain access and keep safe is to use a VPN. ExpressVPN is the best option on the market, giving you both excellent defenses and lightening quick speed.
It will encrypt your connection and reroute your traffic through a server wherever you wish, bypassing restrictions. In short, anyone hoping to steal your Final Fantasy account won’t be able to.
We have rated ExpressVPN as the best VPN provider on the market for avid Final Fantasy XIV fans. This is because ExpressVPN offers players the following:
- The industry’s best 24/7 customer service
- Military-grade encryption for your gaming connection
- A constantly safe and reliable connection
- An application that couldn’t be simpler
- An excellent 30-day, money-back guarantee
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Two simultaneous connections on one subscription
To get safe and private access to Final Fantasy XIV, get ExpressVPN now.