Best VPN for Saudi Arabia (KSA) in 2018
VPNs for Saudi Arabia are one of the best ways to access websites that are considered illegal by the Saudi government, and allow users to utilize otherwise banned content.
VPNs work by creating the illusion that your IP address is located within a country where that particular content is not blocked. VPN providers, like Express VPN, let you hook up to their servers in other locations, which makes your computer look like it is in the USA or any other country you want to look like you are in.
If you want to unblock websites in Saudi Arabia, sign up for ExpressVPN as the best VPN for Saudi Arabia,today!
How To Find The Best VPN in Saudi Arabia?
In order to make sure you are choosing the best VPN for Saudi Arabia so that you will get access to all the content you want, you’ll need to look at the following factors:
DNS leak protection – a DNS (Domain Name System) leak is an easy way for anyone to detect that you are using a VPN, so having protection against such leaks is extremely important in protecting you against the authorities monitoring your internet use.
Strong Encryption – a VPN provider that offers strong encryption software means that you will be using a VPN that is able to protect your identity.
No log policy – VPN providers have been known to give customer data to authorities when asked. Providers that do not keep logs in the first place have nothing to hand over, even if it’s requested from them.
Large server network – Using a provider with a large number of servers means that you’ll have access to websites located in any location. This is due to the vast amount of sites that are blocked by the Saudi government that are located all over the globe.
Kill Switch – This automatically kills your internet connection should your VPN drop out for any reason. If it drops out and does not cut out the connection at the same time, you risk having your identity exposed.
Fast speeds – Fast connection and streaming speeds are necessary to enjoy a buffer free browsing session.
No bandwidth caps – Throttling can be common with VPN providers as a way of squeezing money out of you, but not all VPN providers employ this tactic. By choosing a provider without a bandwidth cap, you can be sure that your privacy is upheld as no cap will ever be reached.
The Best VPN In Saudi Arabia
Here are our top picks for the best VPN in Saudi Arabia. These VPNs will allow you to access the content you want, when you want.
Reasons why ExpressVPN is one of the best VPNs in Saudi Arabia:
- Premium speed – an absolute must for consistent TV streaming
- Top notch security – a prerequisite for anyone accessing Saudi xxx sites
- Reliability – always performs as you would want it to for all your streaming and access needs
- Large server network – allows content from any country to be viewed whilst in Saudi Arabia
- Live chat support function – this is a great help when you have immediate issues that you need resolving whilst in Saudi Arabia
- 99.99% uptime – you can be certain that your anonymity and privacy will be upheld if streaming through this VPN in Saudi
- 30-day money back guarantee
- $12.95/month for one month
- $9.99/month for six months
- $6.67/month for twelve months plus three months free
You can Check ExpressVPN’s Arabic site version here: احصل على ExpressVPN
Reasons why NordVPN is one of the best VPNs in Saudi Arabia:
- Autoconfiguration from dedicated servers. This allows streaming, watertight security and torrenting
- Double VPN. Having a double VPN diminishes the risk of a connection dropping out which enhances user privacy
- Six simultaneous connections. Families and small businesses can use a VPN to access content at the same time
- Best for security due to its above average privacy features
- 30-day money back guarantee
- $11.95/month for one month$5.75/month for twelve months$3.29/month for two years
Reasons why PrivateVPN is one of the best VPNs in Saudi Arabia:
- Customer security – PrivateVPN has a highly regarded and stringent policy and system in place to guarantee customer security at all times
- Easy to install – PrivateVPN is not overly complicated to use like so many other VPNs on the market. Accessing content in Saudi Arabia is therefore quick and easy
- A wide range of server locations – any content you need or want from many countries around the world is available to you when you subscribe to PrivateVPN from Saudi
- Anonymous signup – this is a rare feature that is imperative for those streaming and accessing blocked content from Saudi
- Privacy laws are subject to Sweden’s legal system as that is where the company is based
- 30-day money back guarantee
- $7.67 for one month
- $5.25/month for three months
- $3.88 for thirteen months today
Reasons why SaferVPN is one of the best VPNs in Saudi Arabia:
- Enhanced privacy features – as ever, security and anonymity of users is a necessity for those trying to access blocked content
- Supports torrenting. This is an increasingly rare feature, but it is possible through SaferVPN
- Disguises VPN data through clever encryption system for safe streaming from any location
- Quick and effective – whilst you need other features to be in place whilst streaming banned TV in Saudi, you still need a VPN provider that can be relied on
- $10.99/month for one month
- $5.49/month for a year
- $3.29/month for two years
Reasons why HideMyAss is one of the best VPNs in Saudi Arabia:
- Strong connection speeds – as stated before, a VPN is only as useful as its connection so HideMyAss’s strong connection speeds allow for a good service when accessing blocked content
- Stringent encryption software – offering users proficient protection whilst streaming banned TV in Saudi Arabia
- Servers are located in most countries in the world – this lets users access any content they require or want
- A BusinessVPN option is available which allows for multiple connections from multiple devices
Reasons for caution:
- HideMyAss does keep data logs
- You can’t select protocols
- $11.99/month for one month
- $7.99/month for six months
- $6.99/month for twelve months
Sites That Are Banned In Saudi
Before you sign up for a VPN provider to use while in Saudi Arabia, it helps to know what sites and what content is banned in the country. For example, sites that a VPN can help you connect to while in Saudi are:
- Porn Sites
- LGBTQ+ Websites
- Messenger apps
- Some social media outlets
- Some news outlets
- Sites with 18+ content
- Circumvention resource sites
- Alternative religious belief sites
But what does that mean in practice?
Well, in practice, Saudi Arabia censorship laws have a direct impact on those who want to use some of the most popular sites on the internet – sites that are deemed legal elsewhere in the world. For instance, the following sites and apps are blocked or heavily monitored:
- Skype (heavily monitored)
- Facebook Messenger
- Google Translate
- Rolling Stone
- Whatsapp (heavily monitored)
- Al Jazeera
If you want to access these websites, or any of the above content (xxx or not), VPNs are a method of viewing content that is otherwise blocked.
Is It Legal To Use a VPN in Saudi Arabia?
Before buying a VPN subscription so that you can access content that is blocked in Saudi Arabia, it is important to understand the legality surrounding the use of a VPN. For starters, is it legal to use a VPN to access Saudi porn or any other content that is banned?
In short, there is no law banning the software itself in Saudi. That being said, there are Saudi-enforced blocks on some VPN provider sites and the law is a great deal more harsh against those that are watching censored content. The government is not pleased when its citizens use a VPN to find sites they have otherwise blocked.
To summarize, using a VPN is not illegal, but accessing sites and content that are against the law definitely is.
It is therefore important to use a VPN with caution if you are using it with the intention of bypassing blocks.
Why Are XXX Sites Blocked In Saudi Arabia?
Censorship in Saudi Arabia is strict for several reasons.
- Sinful Content- This means that any content that is seen by the Saudi government as immoral is banned.
- Promotion of other Faiths- To protect the nation’s religion, any site or any content that seems to question Islam, or is seen to promote another Faith, is banned.
- Politically controversial content- The Saudi Government, as well as the Saudi Royal family, are never to receive any type of negative press against them. If they do, the person who created it, or those who publicize it, can be sentenced to death if found guilty.
- Terrorism- In an effort to stop the proliferation of terrorism, the Saudi Government increased their censorship laws in 2014 to include blocking any content that is deemed as inciting terror.
Is It Safe To Use A VPN For Saudi Arabia XXX Sites?
The best VPNs in Saudi are the ones that offer continuous service so that your connection to a server elsewhere in the world does not drop in and out, thus exposing your identity. The Government does not take kindly to those who break its censorship laws.
Free VPNs for KSA are probably best to be avoided. To offer a VPN at no charge means that free providers have to save on costs elsewhere. More often than not, this means that users have their identity compromised – either by the company keeping logs of their activity or simply because the connection that is provided regularly drops in and out, thus revealing what sites and content users are accessing. They’re a particularly good idea to avoid if you searching for illicit content.
Instead, by choosing one of our recommendations, you’ll be able to access any content you want, in peace.