An Xfinity VPN Lets You Stream Comcast From Anywhere in the World and Bypass ISP Throttling
If you use Xfinity, you may have fallen prey to its throttling techniques that make streaming TV shows, movies and other videos almost impossible. Follow our guide to find out how to work round Xfinity’s controversial procedures.
What Makes A Good VPN For Xfinity?
- Stops your connection suffering from throttling
- Access to connection speeds that Comcast should be providing
- Access Xfinity anywhere by bypassing geo restrictions
- Complete anonymity to stream Xfinity
What Are The Best Comcast VPN and Xfinity VPN?
Here are a few of the top VPN providers on the market and how they compare for use with Xfinity.
ExpressVPN is easily the best-performing VPN on the market today.
- Fast speed connections – ExpressVPN’s connection speed allows for optimal streaming and torrenting activities.
- Servers in 94 countries – By spreading its servers all over the globe, Xfinity customers can access international content quickly and effortlessly.
- Stringent privacy protocols – Using an AES 256 bit encryption software means that customers can surf the net without Comcast and Xfinity knowing they are accessing content that would otherwise be throttled.
- No logs – by not keeping logs, ExpressVPN cannot hand over any data to the highest bidder on its customers
- 30-day money back guarantee – If ExpressVPN does not help support your streaming activities using Xfinity, they will offer you your money back.
- $12.95 per month for one month
- $9.99 per month for six months
- $6.67 per month for twelve months plus three months free
Cyberghost is another great pick if you’re trying to access Xfinity from outside of the USA.
- No logs – The company has a zero-logging policy. This means that they never collect your internet data, and therefore can never sell it to the highest bidder, or give it over to the authorities.
- Over 1,000 servers – Cyberghost operates a whopping 1,111 servers, and they are located in many different locations across the world.
- Military-standard encryption – Cyberghost offers a military-strength AES 256-BIT encryption with a 2048-BIT RSA Key.
- 60-day money back guarantee – Doubling what most VPN providers offer, Cyberghost gives users a 60-day full money back guarantee.
- $10.99 per month for one month
- $7.99 per month for 6 months
- $4.99 per month for a year
- $2.90 per month for two years
NordVPN is the ideal choice if privacy is your number one concern.
- No data logging – an important tool in NordVPN’s ability to offer first-rate privacy is their zero logs policy.
- Fantastic connection speeds – a VPN is worthless without a fast connection speed, especially when users are employing one to stream content that is otherwise being slowed down by their internet provider.
- 1400 plus servers – this guarantees access to NordVPN’s connection so that users can stream content whenever they want.
- No caps on bandwidth – NordVPN’s customers will never suffer from buffering or frozen imagery due to never capping its bandwidth.
- 30-day money back guarantee – Redeem any initial outlay if you don’t like how NordVPN operates.
- $11.95 per month for one month
- $6.99 per month for twelve months
- $3.99 per month for two years
HideMyAss boasts a high-speed internet connection when you use its VPN.
- High-speed internet connection – as mentioned above, this is a necessity for consumers who want to stream TV shows and movies.
- Strong OpenVPN encryption – This maintains user privacy so customers can access content without Comcast finding out what they are up to.
- Unblocks most video libraries like Netflix and iPlayer – due to the number of servers it has in several locations around the globe, Netflix and iPlayer, among other streaming libraries, are accessible through Xfinity.
- 30-day money back guarantee – If these features aren’t enough for you, get your money back after a month of use.
- $11.99 per month for one month
- $7.99 per month for six months
- $6.99 per month for twelve months
SaferVPN uses several security features to ensure your identity remains hidden and your location is untraceable.
- Keeps your identity hidden – SaferVPN prides itself on keeping customer information private so you can be certain of hiding your activities from Comcast or Xfinity.
- 256-bit encryption – As another layer to its privacy policies, SaferVPN employs 256 bit AES encryption which is one of the best ways of keeping users secure.
- Killswitch – If your VPN connection cuts out, thus potentially exposing your identity to Xfinity or Comcast who can monitor your activities, you can be safe in the knowledge that SaferVPN’s killswitch will protect you against this happening. It will automatically cut your internet connection entirely should your VPN connection drop.
- Zero logs – SaferVPN keeps no record of customer information or data.
- Fast and simple with unlimited bandwidth – this allows for the ultimate connection for optimal streaming and torrenting activities.
- 30-day money back guarantee – should you find that the SaferVPN’s approach to working around Xfinity does not help you, you can get your money back after a month-long trial.
- $10.99 per month for one month
- $5.49 per month for a year
- $3.29 per month for two years
PrivateVPN has a feature called “High Quality Network.”
- Fast connection – PrivateVPN can offer a market leading connection due to buying their internet capacity directly from an IP transit provider as opposed to a middleman. No other other VPN provider does this
- No logs policy – PrivateVPN manages to keep true to its name by ensuring its customers’ privacy by not keeping any logs of its customers’ data or online activity
- Military grade encryption techniques – another technique PrivateVPN uses to maintain user privacy is to employ robust encryption techniques that uphold its customers’ anonymity
- 30-day money back guarantee – if you don’t think the service is worth it within a month of using it, you can cancel your subscription and get your money back
- $7.67 for one month
- $5.25 per month for three months
- $3.88 for thirteen months today
Offers an incredibly fast connection, which is excellent for streaming.
- IPVanish was one of the first on the file-sharing scene and remains fantastic for P2P and torrenting to this day
- Quick connection – makes downloading and streaming content painless with minimal buffering and pixelation
- Secure – first-class privacy and security measures are employed at IPVanish
- 7-day money back guarantee so if you don’t like it, you can redeem your cash
The only disappointment is that users can no longer access Netflix with this VPN provider.
- $10.00 for one month
- $8.99 per month for three months
- $6.49 for twelve months
PureVPN is an excellent choice for the budget-conscious.
- Competitively priced – when bought for two years, PureVPN’s subscription price is hard to beat
- Great for Netflix – we noticed no difference in service when using PureVPN with Xfinity to watch a Netflix series than we used another internet provider that does not throttle its connections
- Wide range of servers and server locations – this allows for both consistent and quick connections that can be relied on to perform time and time again.
- 7-day money back guarantee – while not as good as a 30-day money back guarantee that many other VPN providers offer, customers can still recoup their money after 7 days if they aren’t happy with PureVPN’s service
- $11.95 per month for one month
- $8.95 per month for three months
- $2.91 per month for two years
Comcast Throttling – The Lowdown
Back in 2007, it was widely reported that Comcast, Xfinity’s owner, was throttling its bandwidth and any P2P file sharing or torrenting. Though Comcast denied any of the accusations, customers did report difficulties with Xfinity live stream TV capabilities. Eventually, Comcast admitted that they slowed down torrenting traffic, but it was later found that the company also managed to force disconnects of P2P connections.
Finally, the FCC weighed in on the situation and claimed that what Comcast was doing was illegal. Comcast managed to overturn this ruling as they argued that it was not within the FCC’s jurisdiction.
The FCC managed to put legislation in place that meant that they could ultimately reinforce their original ruling, but it still is difficult to impose this ruling in practice. Comcast customers need to prove that their connections are being throttled, which is not easy.
A VPN has thus proved itself to be the only way to bypass Xfinity throttling.
Comcast and Xfinity Versus Netflix
In the past, on top of issues with throttling torrenting activities, Comcast and Xfinity have been guilty of slowing down those who were streaming Netflix– presumably due to Comcast being a wider media conglomerate that Netflix’s increasing popularity could challenge for market share.
At one point, customers were being shown constant advertisements for Xfinity and its own movie and premium packages. In the face of this malpractice, Comcast blamed Netflix own technology as the root cause of below average service.
In response, Netflix came to an agreement with Comcast that ultimately means that it subsidizes Comcast to give its Xfinity customers connection speeds that support Netflix services.
Arguably, this agreement is not supported by Ombudsman entities, owing to worries that Netflix will have to raise its prices to pay for this increase in expenditure. It is thought it is the consumer that will ultimately suffer in a practice between companies that can be viewed as collusion.
It has meant that customers are ultimately paying for connection speeds within an Xfinity package that they are never given in reality.
Best VPN For Xfinity
Without a doubt, our number one pick is ExpressVPN as the best Xfinity VPN. You’ll never experience throttling of bandwidth or a deterioration in your internet connection if you use it as a Comcast Xfinity VPN workaround.
This review covers the top contenders in the market today. Based on speed and streaming capabilities, our #1 choice is ExpressVPN for Comcast Xfinity.