The Best VPNs for UAE - Access Blocked Sites Anonymously
The Best VPN For UAE
With a 2-year subscription plan that can cost just $3.99 a month, NordVPN is a great-value offer. With almost 4000 servers with countless locations around the globe, it can almost rival ExpressVPN’s offering in terms of quality of connection and speed.
Its connection is also very secure with its strict policies on anonymity and privacy. If the app does not work for you while streaming TV in Dubai, it also comes with a money back guarantee. NordVPN gives you 30 days to try out their service.
- $11.95/month for one month
- $6.99/month for 12 months
- $3.99/month for two years
#2 ExpressVPN -SPECIAL DEAL (3 months free with annual plan)
ExpressVPN tops our charts continuously for several reasons, and it is easily the best VPN for Dubai that the market has to offer. It ticks all the boxes in terms of what is required of a VPN with its quick and secure connection and unrivaled customer service.
More specifically, it has not only the highest speeds available for streaming content, but it also has the most consistent speeds we have seen. Plus, it has 1,500 servers with over 90 country locations. The app delivered a smooth service throughout our tests and we noticed no drop in quality throughout its use.
The provider allows its app to be used on up to three devices, which can also include mobile phones. Its pricing option for a year is particularly attractive, especially with its 30-day money back guarantee – which is available across all its subscription options.
- $12.95/month for one month
- $9.99/month for six months
- $6.67/month for twelve months (49% savings)
Given the strict censorship laws in Dubai, having a VPN that is provided by a company that is dedicated to user privacy is paramount. Surfshark is such a company that is able to offer a highly capable VPN that subscribers find easy to use and straightforward to set up.
With reference to use in Dubai, we liked Surfshark thanks to its large and broad network of servers which can be used to unblock a great deal of the internet’s content. The company has over 800 servers in over 50 countries so users can find a server wherever they need one to be based for that all important new IP address.
Additionally, the company runs with a strict no logs policy. This means that users can be confident that their online activity can never be passed over to authorities that may be asking for more information on customers. This is further underlined by a dedication to DNS leak protection that works to enhance the company’s ability to keep its subscribers 100% anonymous while online as well as having their security upheld at all times.
- From as low as $1.99
Pay For Your VPN with Cryptocurrency and Stay Completely Anonymous in UAE
Living and working in the UAE will probably mean that privacy and online security are two of the most important things, especially to access restricted content which might even be deemed illegal in Dubai.
When you purchase a VPN, you normally have the option of using a credit card or PayPal. Unfortunately, using either of these payment methods will expose both your identity, including your name and address details.
To remain completely anonymous in purchasing your VPN subscription, you will want to pay with bitcoin. Unlike a credit card transaction, a bitcoin transaction will not leave a trail that can expose your purchase.
When you purchase a VPN with your bitcoin wallet in the UAE, the only information released will be how to verify your account as well as how to extract the money. The great news? You will receive your VPN and none of your personal details will be linked to your VPN account. Stay completely private in the UAE and purchase your VPN with bitcoin.
Although Dubai’s official tourism website boasts, “Discover all that’s possible in Dubai”, when it comes to their internet, you’ll find that’s not very much. Anxious to protect the “identity, traditions, ethics, morals and culture” of their country, Dubai has introduced some heavy censorship.
Wondering how to open blocked sites in UAE? Well, a VPN or Virtual Private Network is the best solution but even this isn’t straightforward as Dubai’s censorship has also blocked VPN providers’ sites. This means you can’t easily install a VPN which would enable you to bypass the country’s restrictions and access whatever content you wanted, including the best porn sites.
The only way around the problem is to install a VPN before you leave for Dubai, thus enabling yourself to hide your IP location and access content as though you were in a different country.
How to Access Blocked Porn Sites the in UAE
Once you’ve selected the right VPN for your needs and you’ve signed up and paid for your subscription, installing and setting up your VPN should be pretty straightforward. The best VPNs for UAE all have user-friendly interfaces and step-by-step instructions so even the most technophobic Luddite can get it up and running without a headache.
Most VPNs take a matter of seconds to download and install, after which all you have to do is connect. The VPNs recommended in this article all offer a quick connect option which is ideal if you’re just wanting to remain anonymous while some of the most advanced services, like ExpressVPN, include a Smart Location feature that will enable you to connect to services like Facebook and Skype with minimal lag time. Alternatively, you can select a server in the country where you want to access content.
Once connected, you should be able to access all the free porn sites, social media platforms and streaming sites that you enjoyed at home.
Are VPNs Legal in Dubai?
While it is technically not legal to purchase and operate a VPN in Dubai, it is very much illegal to use the VPN for “criminal purposes.” What are considered criminal purposes? Accessing content and websites that are illegal in Dubai and the UAE. Some examples of online content that are illegal to access in Dubai are: porn, social media sites, dating sites, Israeli domain names, and even online chat services like Skype. Although you might not consider these to be “Criminal”, keep in mind that they are not legal in Dubai, so buying a quality, trustworthy VPN is of the utmost importance to keep you safe.
How We Rated Best VPNs for the UAE
Different cultures have different perspectives of things like online dating and pornography and the UAE are pretty conservative on all levels, leading some people to wonder how to watch and access restricted content? Well, if you’re planning a trip to Dubai, or maybe even moving there for work, you need to start looking for a VPN before you go. The top five most important features to look out for include:
1. Server location – A well-distributed international network of servers is vital if you want to access content from a range of countries. For example, if you want to watch American Netflix, you need to connect via a server in the USA. Local servers also mean for faster connection speeds so server location is crucial for your browsing convenience.
2. Security – selecting a VPN for UAE means high security so look out for those VPN services that offer military-grade encryption levels like NordVPN which uses AES-256-CBC with a 2048bit DH key. Additional security features such as Double VPN servers and kill switches are also an advantage, especially as a kill switch will protect your personal information in the event of your VPN disconnecting.
3. Speed – it can be tedious waiting for a page to load or having the film or TV program you’re watching constantly lagging. A VPN with no bandwidth caps will offer a better service as will one with multiple servers as this dilutes the amount of traffic being processed by each one.
4. Privacy – no-logging policies are a standard part of any VPN but that doesn’t necessarily mean they will not keep information about you. Look for a service that is situated outside the 14-eyes surveillance countries or one that has participated in the Center for Democracy and Technology’s ‘Signals of A Trustworthy VPN’ initiative.
5. Customer service – of course, we all want to feel valued but good customer service in the realm of VPNs goes a little further than that. If you have a problem connecting or are struggling to access porn sites in Dubai, having the ability to contact an informed individual on a 24/7 live chat service is invaluable. Look out for the VPNs that offer this function as not all are quite up to speed yet.
Why Do I Need A VPN?
A large amount of content on the internet is blocked in the UAE for several reasons. This stops citizens and travelers from watching programs they would otherwise freely view elsewhere.
Even when visiting relatively relaxed cities like Dubai, the larger country laws still apply. This means that the following content is blocked, amongst many others:
- Social networking and dating sites, like Match.com
- SIP services, like Skype or IMO
- Content that is politically sensitive
- Any site with an Israeli domain
- Dubai Porn
- Content that challenges the morals of the UAE
Even if you don’t want to access more controversial or adult-only content, like the top porn sites, a VPN is the only way to open blocked sites and be free to comment on political issues without censorship. A VPN creates a safe tunnel to the internet where your activities are hidden from prying eyes, along with your IP address. By encrypting your traffic, a reliable VPN will make it appear as though you’re operating from a different country, and therefore enable you to flirt online or even visit free porn sites.
With so much content blocked in the UAE, a VPN is a way around that problem. VPNs allow you to stream the TV shows you want to watch and to call friends on communication apps like Skype. Are VPNs Illegal in UAE Dubai?
Staying within the law is obviously very important, and up until recently, VPNs were totally legal to use in Dubai and the wider UAE.
However, in 2016, a law was passed that made it illegal to use a fake network address, though users would only be subject to prosecution if they used VPNs or other software with the intention of ‘committing a crime or preventing its discovery’. Since then, rumors have abounded about what the restrictions actually are and what punishments might be expected if people contravene the law.
Currently, the law states that you can use a VPN as long as it’s a legal service and you agree not to use it for any criminal activity or to hide any such activities. Reports that those using a VPN needed to pay a 5000 AED fine and report to their local police station have been quashed by the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority who stated that the message was fabricated.
In terms of which VPNs are considered legal in accordance with UAE law, there seems to be no definitive answer so our recommendation is to find a VPN that is right for you and fulfills the criteria laid out earlier in this article. If in doubt, opt for one of our best VPNs for UAE listed below.
Can a Free VPN Access Dubai Porn?
Although the standard of free VPNs is improving with services like those offered by ProtonVPN giving free users unlimited bandwidth, the speeds are often laborious and access regularly limited. For example, although ProtonVPN’s free service is reliable enough, it won’t get you past the geographical blocks on either BBC iPlayer or Netflix as free users don’t have access to the servers capable of such navigation.
There are a number of problems with free VPN services which, given the situation in the UAE, make them inadvisable, especially for those wanting to access porn sites in Dubai. Some of the major issues with free VPN services are:
1. Connectivity – many VPNs offering a free option limit the number of servers their free users can access, meaning both content and speed are limited. In other words, forget about streaming or torrenting because they will be fraught with constant interruptions.
2. Anonymity – The main reason for using a VPN is to give you free and anonymous access to any site. How a VPN does this is by creating a virtual tunnel that allows you to visit your favorite porn sites in UAE without anyone, except your VPN provider, knowing about it. Unfortunately, free VPN services don’t always play their cards close to their chest and recent research indicates that up to 75% of free VPNs track their users in some way or another.
3. Security – Although free VPNs claim to protect you against hackers, fraudsters, and other cybercriminals, research suggests that over a third of free VPN services carry some kind of malware. Not only could this infect your device and slow down your connection, but it also contravenes the very nature of a VPN, exposing its users to just the kind of targeted advertising they are trying to avoid.
Not all VPN services work in the UAE and a forum discussion posted last year indicated that TunnelBear was struggling to maintain a secure connection while Betternet wouldn’t work with Whatsapp at all. As the UAE authorities have introduced increasingly strict censorship and surveillance technology, so some VPNs have had an increasingly difficult time maintaining their services in Dubai. Some users have experienced recent problems with dropped connections when using top-of-the-range VPN services. To avoid these and other similar issues, choose from one of our carefully selected candidates for the best VPN for UAE.
If you are moving to Dubai or the UAE, or even if you’re just traveling there for a month or two, a VPN is an invaluable part of your packing list. A reliable VPN will give you access to social media and free porn sites without exposing your activities to the world. Stay in touch and up-to-date by signing up for a reliable VPN service before you leave – don’t forget, most reputable services offer a 30-day money-back guarantee so, even if it doesn’t work, you won’t be out of pocket.
Avoid free VPN plans which may compromise your security and privacy, especially if you want to watch Dubai porn, and put your cybersecurity into safe hands.