Sign up with Dashlane Password Manager today!
Generate unique passwords for every account
Only you can access passwords in secure vault
Few subscription plans
Some features require subscription
No live support option
The next process is for Dashlane to search through your computer system for any login details you may have already saved, it will then ask you to install a browser extension. The Dashlane interface is clear and simple to use. Setting up the software is straightforward and fast. It’s also easy to navigate, unlike some other websites that have confusing layouts and complicated download processes.
As an extra-safe security measure, the company operates a 2-factor authentication process – which means that it requires a unique variable code to be inputted into your vault alongside your password before access is granted. A nice part of this feature is that you can set it up to be sent to your mobile device, so if someone guessed your password, they still wouldn’t have access unless they also had your mobile. The company is fully committed to keeping up-to-date with the best security measures and are continuously working to improve their security systems to always stay ahead of the game.
The only information that Dashlane stores on you is your email address and billing details if you have opted for the paid subscription.
- Password Storage – one of the best features of this software is its ability to store as many passwords as you like and automatically input them into your accounts. It does this in the safest way possible, encrypting your data and keeping it safe. You’ll never have to remember tons of passwords again and have to go through the farce of creating new passwords which you will inevitably forget again.
- Password Generator – chances are, that the passwords you currently use include the name of your home town and the year that you were born, or something along those lines. Using Dashlane software means that you can input complicated passwords without ever having to worry about forgetting them. The password generator will automatically create complex passwords that even the most seasoned hackers won’t be able to crack.
- Secure Documents – the Secure Notes feature will encrypt your private data and keep it safe from potential hackers.
- VPN For Extra Protection – Dashlane’s VPN (Virtual Private Network) offers the ultimate online safety. If you opt for the Premium Plan then this is included as part of the package. Not only does using a VPN encrypts your data for personal use, give you total anonymity and allow you access to your favorite TV shows no matter where you are in the world, but it also ensures safer online use in public areas too. Using public WiFi will never become a risk again.
- Dark Web Monitoring – Dashlane actually scans the internet for leaked or stolen personal information and will alert you immediately if anything is found, so you can take action ASAP!
- Identity Dashboard – gives you a complete view of your online security so you can see what steps you need to take (if any) for extra security.
- Secure Sharing – share documents and information with friends, family, and colleagues in the knowledge that it’s totally safe and secure.
- Emergency Contacts – you can add an emergency contact to your account, in the event of an emergency where a friend or family member may need access to your accounts.
- Sync Devices – another great feature of Dashlane is that you can sync the software across all of your devices.
Here are the different packages available:
Fantastic for those that don’t need the added features in the professional plan or users who would like to test the basic features before committing to a paid subscription.
The free plan includes:
- Unlimited password & data storage
- Password generator
- Breach alerts & security monitoring
- Immediate password change
Dashlane Basic Subscription Plan
This package offers a few more features than the free package but is still fairly reasonable at just $3.33/mo which is billed annually. As well as the above features, the Dashlane Basic Subscription Plan also includes the following:
- Unlimited password sharing
- VIP support
- Multi-factor authentication
- Secure account backup
- Password sync across devices
Dashlane Family & Business Plan
Ideal for families and businesses which have between 1-50 employees, the Dashlane Family & Business Subscription Plan is priced at $4.00/mo per user and includes:
- Smart space management
- Centralized admin console
- Security reporting
- Group password sharing
- SAML & MSI deployment
- End-to-End AES 256-bit encryption
- Active Directory Integration
Dashlane Larger Business Plan
For larger organizations (51-500 users) there is a separate business plan which is priced at $3.00/mo per user and features all the above plus a dedicated account manager.
Above all, we feel that Dashlane offers good value for money across their personal and business packages.
There is currently no phone support, which we felt was a shame, as often this is one of the fastest ways to resolve issues.
There is an extensive self-help section with articles which may answer your queries. Here you have the option to search articles or click into sections for specific help. As with many services, if you pay for the premium subscription then you are guaranteed faster response times as you’re top-priority. Lastly, the support team at Dashlane will never ask you to provide your private password so never provide this information to anyone under any circumstances.