What makes RoboForm stand out among password managers is its differentiation of products for personal and business use. Unlike some competitors, who merely add a few features to the personal plan and call it a business plan, RoboForm offers enough differentiating functionality to provide two entirely different solutions. This makes it easy to get what you need without paying for what you don’t.
Sign up with RoboForm Password Management today!
Roboform Password Management Review – Pros & Cons
Roboform taylored 2 pricing categories to suit your needs – personal and business.
Roboform Personal Subscription Plan
RoboForm offers three separate plans for personal use:
- “Basic”: Free, and comes with unlimited logins, form fills, password audits, and password generations.
- “Everywhere”: $19.95/year, and includes everything in the basic plan while adding access on all devices, account data backup, the ability to share logins securely, and premium 24/7 support.
- “Family”: $39.90/year, intended for small families looking to share a single account. This plan comes with the ability for 5 “Everywhere” users to have access on all devices, along with account data backup and premium 24/7 support.
Roboform Business Subscription Plan
For businesses, there are also different pricing plans available depending on the length of the subscription and the number of users:
for 1-10 users
for 1-10 users
for 101-1000 users
for 101-1000 users
How Roboform Works
RoboForm can be added as an extension to your browser, downloaded natively onto your computer, or used as some combination of the two via the sync feature.
Once up and running, you will need to open an account and choose a master password. The master password is essential to gaining access to the account, but it is not saved anywhere by RoboForm, so be sure not to lose it. If you wish to input existing passwords, this can be done either manually, via a CSV, via another password manager, or from a browser’s native password saver. After uploading passwords, all it takes is a single click to log in to websites.
One of the other nice things about RoboForm is its extreme amount of additional feature offers beyond simply storing passwords.
Here are some of the features available with the Everywhere personal plan:
- Password manager
- Password generator
- Identity forms
- Online account
- Secure folder sharing
- Two-factor authentication
- Dual-step authentication
- Password audit
- Syncing across all devices
Business plans include the following:
- Centralized employee onboarding
- Centralized policy deployment
- Secure group sharing
- Role-based access permissions
- Unlimited number of admins
- Additional two-factor authentication
- Active Directory integration
- Password audit for users and groups
- Advanced reporting
- Dedicated tech support
- Deployed to all employees in minutes
- Easy to use, secure credential sharing
- Centrally assigned and deployed policies
- Integrated with XenApp & XenDesktop
- Role-based access permission levels
- Reports on account access and usage
Roboform Privacy and Security
RoboForm uses state of the art 256-bit AES encryption with PBKDF2 SHA256 in order to keep your information safe. In addition, the master password you create is not stored in the cloud, meaning that even if someone were to hack RoboForm, the information needed to access your account wouldn’t be there to steal.
Roboform Customer Service/Support
RoboForm has one of the most comprehensive customer support networks of any password manager you will find. In addition to a large FAQ self-help section, you can also call customer service from 9am-7pm Eastern, Monday-Friday, or send an email from the website.
Why Choose Roboform for Password Management
RoboForm has a minimalist design that can make it seem less “serious” at first glance. However, once you play around with its features, you quickly realize that this is a very thorough password manager. The pricing models seem needlessly complicated, making it confusing to figure out what is the best value to meet your needs. But at the same time, it’s nice to know that you can get something targeted for your needs and budget even if it requires you to do a little evaluation.
If you can get past appearances there is a lot on offer here; it’s definitely worth giving the options a look to see if they might be right for you.
Lots of different plans to choose from
Excellent customer support options
Some advanced features require a subscription
Free trial only 14-days long
Interface design is a bit flat and aesthetically unappealing